In order to be entitled to label your product with the NTR-label several requirements must be met. You can apply for membership in your national wood protection association, or if there is no such association in your country it is possible to apply directly to NWPC.
Here we describe the process of becoming a member and receiving labelling rights in accordance with NTR’s quality system. There are different memberships depending on which country you are in and the type of business you run. The description may vary slightly depending on the country in which production takes place.
Manufacturer of wood products
If your business operates industrial wood protection treatment and seeks NTR approval, the following must be achieved:
- your business uses funds and / or methods that are approved by NTR. See the Approval list.
- be connected to a control body approved by NTR, and have fulfilled an initial control with ongoing supervision. See manufacturing control below.
- be a member of one of NTR’s member organizations, the Swedish Wood Preserving Association, Kestopuuteollisuus ry, Treindustrien or Dansk Træbeskyttelse.
- Contact your national member organization for information on terms and conditions for membership, fees and help in getting in touch with NTR’s control body.
- if there is no such association in your country it is possible to apply directly to NWPC.
Wood preservative provider
If your company manufactures and distributes wood preservatives and want your product and / or method to be listed as an NTR-approved product and intends to deliver to wood impregnation or wood modification plants that carry out NTR-approved manufacturing with labelling rights, the following must be achieved:
- the wood preservative must be NTR-approved and included in the list of NTR-approved agents.
- the supplier is a member of one of the Nordic wood protection associations.
From these member organizations, you can get information about the rules and conditions for membership, fees and help with getting in touch with NTR’s rules for funding approval and the NTR-Technician Group.
The Swedish Wood Preserving Association offers the opportunity to be a member for companies and private individuals who have an obvious interest in wood impregnation / wood protection treatment. Associated members can be admitted users, organizations and authorities.
Contact the Swedish Wood Preserving Association for information on rules and conditions for membership, fees etc.
Third party manufacturing control
If your business conducts manufacturing in accordance with NWPC-documents, it requires that your company is notified for manufacturing control by an inspection body approved by NWPC that performs independent third-party control.
You are free to choose between the approved control bodies listed on the NWPC website.
Approval of wood preservatives
If your company supplies wood preservatives and wishes to have these approved and listed as NWPC-approved agents, it is assumed that the agent / method has been tested and reviewed with regard to the effectiveness through the NWPC technical group.
Further information on the rules for approval, admission and control is provided by the NWPC Secretariat.