About The Nordic Wood Preservation Council
Nordiska Träskyddsrådet, NTR was introduced over 52 years ago (1969) as a cooperation between the Nordic countries based on the initiative of the Nordic Ministerial Council. Today it has evolved into a cooperation between the Nordic wood protection trade associations. (Dansk Træbeskyttelse, Kestopuuteollisuus, Treindustrien, and Svenska Träskyddsföreningen).
Nordic Wood Preservation Council, NWPC, is a non-profit association registered under the name Nordiska Träskyddsrådet with organisational number 802504-5124 registered in Sweden.
The Purpose of NWPC
with the purpose to promote wood with improved durability as a highly valued and preferred building material through market and sector cooperation and coordination for the commercial benefit of all stakeholders.
The objectives of NWPC’s is:
- Strengthen the versatile use and competitiveness of durable wood via work with:
- NTR-The wood durability quality system including directives and recommendations
- Quality assurance
- Education to stakeholders
- Standardization related to durable wood and related building standards
- Improve and communicate the sustainable use of wood
- Strengthen the reputation and trust of NTR-branded durable wood by means of:
- evidence-based practice: research evidence, practical experience, and industrial best practice
- cooperation, liaison, advocacy, and PR
- Initiating strategic R&D projects
The following organisations and institutions are currently full members of NWPC
- Dansk TraeBeskyttelse
- Treindustrien i Norge
- Kestopuuteollisuus ry
- Svenska Träskyddsföreningen
NWPC may also approve other similar legal organisations as a member or associated member.
- General Assembly
- Board of Directors
- Managing Director/ Secretariat
- Technical Group
- Other working groups
The duties and responsibilities of the Board of Directors, the Managing Director/Secretariat, the Technical Group and other working groups are set out in specific Rules of Procedure, which are established by a unanimous decision of the Board of Directors.